Tala, one of the pioneering mobile lending platforms in Kenya, has established itself as a leading player in the industry. With over ten million downloads on the Google Playstore, Tala has become a household name among Kenyans who are in need of quick and accessible loan options. This article aims to provide a detailed guide on how to apply for a loan on the Tala loans app platform, as well as information on the various loan options available and an in-depth analysis of the benefits and drawbacks of borrowing from Tala in Kenya.
How to apply for a Tala Loan quickly
The Tala loan application process is simple and fast as the money will be disbursed into your Mpesa account within minutes of a successful application.
Here is a detailed guide:
- Download the Tala App from the Google Playstore or the Apple Store, for iOS users.
- After installing, launch the application and select the language you will prefer to use and select ‘Create New Account’.
- Enter your M-Pesa phone number as this is where the loan will be deposited upon successful application.
- Enter the PIN you use for your number
- The application will take a few seconds and lead you to a new window where you will select ‘Apply Now’.
- Answer the questions that follow.
- When done, click ‘Send My Loan’.
Here are important details about the Tala Loans App you should know
|Access Application||Google Playstore/ Apple Store|
|Download Size||15 MB|
|Required OS||Android 4.1 and up|
|Offered By||Tala Mobile|
|Alternative Application Method||SMS Number: 21991|
|Loan limit (KES)||50,000|
|Interest rate||0.3-%34% per annum|
|Repayment window||Up to 61 days|
|Additional charges||Defaulters’ Penalty – 5%|
|Age Limit||18 Years|
|Minimum Requirements||National ID|
|Repayment Paybill Account Number||851900 |
Your Registered Phone Number
Also, read the top 15 profitable small business ideas in Kenya.
Below is a list of the pros and cons of using Tala as per user reviews in Playstore and Apple store;
What Are The Pros of the Tala Loans App
- Get KES500 off the next time you borrow.
- Quick application.
- The loan arrives instantly.
- Easy to use, fast and reliable.
- Tala do not call your contacts in case of default.
What Are The Cons of the Tala Loans App
- Several users complain that they received penalties even when they paid up on time. Support asked the user to contact them through their official email address.
- Users have reported being unable to reapply for a loan due to an app instruction to wait 30 more days, despite no penalty.
If you are looking for a different loaning platform, here is a full review of the Zenka loan application.