Luhya land decided to disappoint her chieftain, Musalia Mudavadi after they turned up in large numbers only to select Raila-Karua in the ballot on Tuesday 9th August. From results published in the IEBC portal, it has been clear that Musalia Mudavadi and Moses Wetangula did not offer much help to the Kenya Kwanza bandwagon in respect to the presidential vote cast.
From the data extracted from the IEBC online portal, five Western Kenya counties were identified, and William Samoei Ruto (WSR) managed to win in only one county, i.e., Bungoma county. From the data, it is evident that Raila and the Azimio bandwagon has more influence in Western Kenya that Musalia Mudavadi. This begs the question, could this be the end of tribalism in Kenya?
The five counties in picture are; Trans Nzoia, Kakamega, Vihiga, Bungoma and Busia. Below are the statistics.
Bungoma – County 039
- William Samoei Ruto – 252,554 (62.38%)
- Raila Odinga – 143,210 (35.37%)
- George Luchiri Wajackoyah – 2,436 (0.60%)
- David Mwaure Waihiga – 1,509 (0.37%)
Trans Nzoia – County 027
- Raila Odinga – 114,383 (52.49%)
- William Samoei Ruto – 100,369 (46.05%)
- George Luchiri Wajackoyah – 766 (0.35%)
- David Mwaure Waihiga – 358 (0.16%)
Kakamega – County 037
- Raila Odinga – 354,779 (70.32%)
- William Samoei Ruto – 139,791 (27.71%)
- George Luchiri Wajackoyah – 3,441 (0.68%)
- David Mwaure Waihiga – 1,219 (0.24%)
- ccTLD vs gTLD: Which is the Best TLD for Your Website in Kenya?
- Make 25k Profit From Selling Boba Cups; Here’s How!
- Creating Visually Appealing Images and Graphics for Your Website
- Top Businesses Thriving in Karatina Kenya
- Building Credibility & Trust Through Your Business Website
Vihiga – County 038
- Raila Odinga – 99,290 (61.16%)
- William Samoei Ruto – 59,528 (36.66%)
- George Luchiri Wajackoyah – 1,218 (0.78%)
- David Mwaure Waihiga – 462 (0.28%)
Busia – County 040
- Raila Odinga – 211,225 (81.13%)
- William Samoei Ruto – 44,889 (17.24%)
- George Luchiri Wajackoyah – 1,324(0.50%)
- David Mwaure Waihiga – 448 (0.17%)
Cumulatively, Raila Odinga garnered a total of 992,887 votes (62.4%) while DP William Ruto got 591,131 votes (37.6%).
The statistical information provided above was collected at 8.00PM, when 99% of all forms had been tallied.
In other related news, self-proclaimed political analysts have stated that Martha Karua did not offer much help to Raila in Central Kenya, and the only thing that has helped Azimio is voter apathy in the region. Subscribe for more.