By the time you opt to get a loan from Kashway, a relatively newer mobile-based lending platform as compared to Tala, Zenka etc., then you are really in need of financial help. If you are however not in this situation, don’t worry, as this article will still guide you in how to apply for a loan from this Kashway mobile loan app. Included, are some of the popular reviews from users in Kenya, and a table of important information such as interest rates and repayment periods.
Important information about the Kashway loan app
This mobile-based lending platform was launched by an organization called KASHWAY Limited on January 7th 2022.
At the time of this review, the application had over 1M downloads on the google Playstore, with a user rating of 3.3/5.0.
Further, the application is rated 3.0+, meaning that it is safe for use even near kids, i.e., no obscene content is in the app. However, you should note that the minimum age required to access a loan from this lender is 18 years, verifiable through your National Identity card.
So how do you apply for a loan from Kashway?
- Download and install the Kashway Mobile app from the Google Playstore.
- Notice of terms, conditions and privacy policies will appear on your screen. Click Agree and continue.
- The Kashway loan app will need to access a few permissions from the ones listed above. Allow all and proceed.
- You will then be directed to the main dashboard. Click on ‘Apply Now’.
- Enter your phone number and request a verification code that you will receive through SMS. Proceed to the next window.
- Set your login password. Make sure your password is strong, to evade malicious account access. Include your invitation code if you have one.
- Fill in your registration, personal and guarantor contact details accurately. This information will be used to determine your approval. Click Submit
- Apply for your loan depending on the loan limit you have received.
- Your loan will be deposited INSTANTLY upon approval.
More important information about the Kashway loan app
|Access Application||Google Playstore|
|Playstore Rating||3.3 /5.0|
|Download Size||9.7 MB|
|Required OS||Android 5.0 upwards|
|Offered By||KASHWAY Limited|
|Loan limit (KES)||500 – 60,000|
|Annual Percentage Rate (APR)||32% to 72%|
|Repayment window||91-365 days|
|Additional charges||Defaulters’ penalty|
|Age Limit||18+ years|
|Minimum Requirements||Kenyan ID|
|Repayment Method||Within the app|
What do users on Playstore say about the Kashway loan app?
5.5 Rating: “Very first and efficient. Continue with your good service.”
4/5 Rating: “This app is amazing; I just came across it and decided to give it a trial. I didn’t fill in any information like other apps, and to my surprise, I received my loan within seconds.”
5/5 Rating: “I just come across this app I decided to give it a try since another app keeps telling me I’m not qualified. And I’m in the middle of an emergency. So, thanks to Kashway I applied for the loan and I received it within a second.”
1/5 Rating: “You call clients promising to increase their loan limits, yet when they clear the limit remains the same. When you contact the same number that called you to pay, they DO NOT pick up. This is very unprofessional and unfortunate at the same time. You even sent me a text message that the limit has been increased, yet on the app, it is still the same. Kindly rectify this to avoid losing long-term customers. Thank you!”
1/5 Rating “Very useless app after 5 days they start contacting you and it’s not my due date I have tried to reach their number but I have not received help”
Kashway is a good option for you, especially if you have not been approved for a loan by traditional banks such as Equity, Cooperative banks etc. Do further research before settling on this application for your loan choice.