Are you tired of walking to shops to purchase airtime for your Airtel line and are looking for a more convenient method? Look no further! With M-Pesa, a mobile money transfer service, you can easily and quickly buy airtime for your Airtel line from the comfort of your own home. Keep reading to learn the simple steps on how to buy Airtel airtime from your M-Pesa.
- Navigate to the Safaricom Sim Tool Kit (STK) – In this section, you will find 2 categories, Safaricom+ and M-PESA. Click on M-PESA and proceed to the subsequent menu.
- Click on ‘Lipa na M-PESA’ where you will be directed to 3 options i.e., ‘Pay Bill’, ‘Buy Goods and Services’ and ‘Pochi La Biashara’.
- Click on ‘Pay Bill’.
- Next, click on ‘Enter Business Number’. Here, you will choose between several business numbers that all enable you to buy airtime for your Airtel number. These Business numbers (organized according to reliability) are:
- After using ONLY ONE business number in the ones listed above, you will be prompted to enter an account number. Type your Airtel phone number you want to top up and click OK.
- Enter your M-Pesa PIN and then send.
- Navigate to your Safaricom Sim Tool Kit (STK).
- Select ‘Send Money’.
- Select ‘Send to Other Network’.
- Enter the Airtel number in mind and press Enter.
- Enter the amount you wish.
- Enter your M-Pesa pin and click ‘Send’
- Confirm details and complete the transaction.
- After the Airtel money confirms the transaction, navigate to the Airtel Sim Tool Kit and select ‘Airtel Money’.
- Click ‘Nunua Airtime’.
- Choose ‘Simu Yangu’, and enter the amount and PIN.
- Click Ok.
- If you, however, want to buy bundles directly from Airtel money, dial *544# on your Airtel number.
- Select your preferred data bundle or minutes and buy with Airtel money.
- Enter your Airtel pin and click ‘Send’.
- Also Read, 2023 NCBA to M-PESA, Airtel Money Charges